In the midst of my fun with the apron wrap dresses (I'm almost finished with the pattern) I decided to try a skirt. I love it! I have to say this is an example of "necessity is the mother of invention" as Audrey wanted a wrap dress out of this Cosmo Textiles little deer fabric but I didn't have enough yardage for the dress. I was able to squeeze out a skirt however.
Same a-line as the dress and I added some belt loops and a pocket. The loops help keep the tie from riding up and the whole thing from falling apart on those little girl hips! The pocket is just for fun. I like the opportunity for additional top stitching.
This is reversible, and on the reverse is more red gingham. The same I used on the Ruffler Blouses for Audrey and Scarlett.
I like both sides of this skirt and Audrey does too. I was working on a different ensemble for her to wear but I think I'll suggest this skirt deer-side-out for Scarlett's Woodland Picnic party. It's a lot of pattern but I think she can pull it off!
Another sewing project finished for KCWC. This means there is another pattern in the works just when I thought I was catching up. I may need to try one in my size too. Something for me...that would be different!