Last night I made a little outfit for Scarlett to wear to Audrey's birthday party. In the past I've made Scarlett a coordinating dress but this year I decided she didn't really need another dress (has so many from her older sister plus new ones I've made...), and maybe it's more fun to not compete with the birthday girl's ensemble. So I decided on a bandana outfit instead.
I love how it turned out! It was fun and easy besides. I made a little peasant shirt based on a modified pillowdress pattern and made some full-legged pull-on pants. I wasn't quite sure how I wanted the pattern on the bandanas to line up but I am pleased with the result. It's pretty fun, I think.
Would have been even more idea if I could have avoided hemming by using the existing bandana hems but the pattern match and final length didn't allow for that. Still, pretty darn easy to sew.
Makes me want to do a patriotic set for Audrey and Scarlett. I'll add that to the idea list!