KNIT AND CROCHET PROJECTS
- Barcelona Bolero Sweater for my mother-in-law (knit) FINISHED
I wanted to hand make something for David's family since I made something for everyone in my family for Christmas. It's a bit dangerous to try knitting something for his mother because she has such elegant style, but if it doesn't turn out for her I can always keep it or give it to someone else. I saw the pattern here on Lion Brand (Pattern #: 60353A) and I think it looks beautiful. I chose a Homespun yarn that is shades of beige since that seems to be my mother-in-law's preferred hue.
- Sailor Collar Cardigan for me (knit and crochet) FINISHED
Another pattern (Number: 60705A) from Lion Brand (I had a bunch of pages tabbed from their Fall catalog--I loved it). This is in Wool-Ease Thick&Quick yarn and I thought it would be quick, which it was, as I already finished it! Got started while in Phoenix for New Year's.
- Ribbed Cowl Sweater for me (crochet)
I think this sweater looks so cute, at least on the model! I love cowl neck sweaters. I ordered a great avocado colored yarn from Knit Picks for this. Another Lion Brand pattern (70210A). If it turns out well I may duplicate it and give it to my husband's sister. I know she'd love the color.
- Debbie Bliss Ribbed Cardigan for Audrey (knit) FINISHED
From her Special Knits book. I am going to do this in a dusty shade of purple, Audrey's favorite color.
- Yoked cardigan sweater (knit)
I found this Seamless Yoked Baby sweater pattern on Knitting on the Net and the cardigan looks like something my grandmother would have knit for me--so old fashioned. I bought Bernat Alpaca yarn in the color "Sky" to do this. So gorgeous. I hope it is soft enough for baby. I also bought more of the yarn to do....
- Yoked "Leaf" Sweater for me (knit)
Found this in a Bernat pamphlet and it looks so pretty... Is it too lame to wear a sweater that coordinates with my baby's or is it too fun? I guess I'll have to see.
- Striped Cardi for Audrey (knit)
I can thank Lion Brand for this pattern too. I love that they make all these free patterns available to promote their yarns. I picked up some red, orange and purple Paton's Classic Wool on sale to do this for Fall 2008. I love to plan ahead!
- 8-color granny square Afghan (crochet)
In a twist, I have an afghan on my list. I've never done one before and I think it would be fun to try. I really love the comeback the granny square is making and thought the colors in this Vanna's Choice pattern (# 70139AD) were really cute, so I thought "why not?" I am highly motivated by a yarn sale.
So believe it or not,m the yarn bargain buying stopped there. But, not so with the list of projects. I also want to get to the following knit/crochet:
- Debbie Bliss Pinafore dress for Audrey (knit)
- Debbie Bliss Smock coat in brown for Audrey (knit)
- Debbie Bliss Lace Edge Dress for Audrey (knit) (I LOVE Debbie Bliss!)
- Icelandic Jacket for Audrey (crochet) from Adorable Crochet for Babies and Toddlers
- Fisherman's Cabled Vest for me (Knit)
I want to sew:
- Finish the brown and turquoise jacket I started before I was pregnant with Audrey
- Kimono set for Audrey FINISHED
I want to paint:
- A portrait of Audrey FINISHED
- The Carob tree at my in-law's in Phoenix FINISHED
- Portraits of all my nieces and nephews with my mother (who knows how and when...)
I also need to tackle:
- Organizing the disaster in the basement!
- Audrey's 1st year photo book
- Christmas pageant costumes for the nieces and nephews to play with next year
- Family Night packets about getting to know my grandparents (do extra for my siblings to have)
Nothing like a great list to get me motivated for the new year!